2020 Pool Rules and Regulations
As we continue to adapt to the ongoing changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we needed to make changes to how me operate the pools for the 2020 pool season. In order to comply with the strict heath guidelines set forth by the State of New Jersey, the following changes are going into effect.
To control the capacity of our pools we will be using color coded wrist bands that will allow residents time slots of two hours. (If the pools are not at capacity it’s to the guard’s discretion that you can stay past that slotted time) If the pools aren’t at capacity, we won’t need to use this system, but for now it’s what we have to do to stay in compliance.
Pools are open 12:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. daily WEATHER PERMITTING
Orange is for Lap Swim only at FCN 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.
Green 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.
Blue 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Red 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Yellow 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m.
Tags will be issued at the pool by lifeguards
McGuire Pool: 3822 E. Scott St, FCN 609-353-1193
Ft Dix Pool:1134 Hemlock St, Ft Dix 609-248-5620
Phones at UC pools are only answered during hours or operation. 12 p.m.- 8 p.m.
All residents must comply with the following:
- United Communities pools are for resident’s only, ID is required when checking in.
- Guest are not permitted this year due to COVID-19 restriction. Guest include residents children from other households.
- The Ft Dix and FCN Pools occupancy will be limited to 50% capacity.
- 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. at the FCN Lap Pool will be for lap swim only, this will take place daily during the 2020 season. After 2 p.m. the lap pool will be for overflow regular swim.
- We will only be providing 25% of the furnishing that we normally have on the pool decks. We encourage residents to bring their own folding and beach chairs. Furnishings on the pool deck are not permitted to be moved at any time.
- The only float devices that will be permitted for the 2020 season will be infant/toddler floats. Larger pool floats, noodles, kickboards or other such toys are not permitted.
- Social distancing will be required in the pool and on the pool deck.
- Facemasks must be worn while inside the pool house and bathrooms and are highly recommended in the pool area but not in the pool. Lifeguards and children under 2 years and under do not have to wear masks.
- When entering or exiting inside areas, including bathrooms, shoes must be worn.
- We will have hand sanitizer for residents to use and highly recommend using it when entering and exiting areas.
- Guards will be cleaning and sanitizing regularly, especially bathrooms.
These directives from the Division of Public Health are subject to change throughout the remainder of the pool season. This can include days/times of operation. (Additional rules due apply. See signs posted around the pools).
We hope you have an enjoyable and safe summer!